Saturday, December 5, 2009

Module 3

At first when I was introduced to Googledocs, I really thought it was amazing, but as a Maths teacher, I would have no use for it. My first thoughts were that it was a wonderful tool for English and HSIE teachers and how lucky they were!
We (my jobshare partner) and I wanted to get our Year 9 class to share some presentations, and Googledocs was perfect! They were given a list of tools and instructions to use. For some it was just too hard or they couldn’t be bothered, but the ones that did work found it easy and a successful way to share their work.
When our KLA were discussing new area of work for our year 9 on laptops, everyone was a little scared and not sure how to approach it, so I took notes and had the brilliant idea of putting it into a Googledoc and sharing with my fellow colleagues, so that we could make changes as we needed to. A much better way to share than by typing up a word file, attaching it to an email and then having to make changes manually and resending the changes.
As a parent, I always found that group work for my daughters was a problem outside school/uni was a problem because of our geographical isolation. It is a shame that Googledocs was not available for them at that time. I think it a wonderful way to be able to work with others, at any time, in any place on any computer and be able to see the changes made immediately. So I have told my daughters and husband al about Googledocs and the benefits of Googledocs to them. Instead of sending emails out to several people and receiving them back and making changes, they can have everything on hand in one document – how easy is that! Of course, some of them heard what I was saying and probably never thought of it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.